can I order i3 without exterior sound? and no "Park assist package" on a i3s?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starkiwi26

Dear fellow members,

Could I order a i3 without eDrive exterior sound in UK? I thought the law came effective last year that all EV must have exterior sound?

Also, to my shock, I was told the "Park assist package" is only available for i3 but not i3s. How is this possible? :eek: :eek: I asked BMW, I got the same answer also...
park.jpg

email.jpg

What is your solution to this?

this is my selection, welcome to comment, looking to place order next week.
car.jpg

The i3S front fender flares would cover the ultrasonic sensors used for park assist, so the Park Assist package isn't offered on the i3S. In the U.S., a reversing camera is required on all vehicles manufactured starting with a certain model year (2018?), so the reversing camera isn't included in the U.S. Park Assist package.

Our 2014 BEV has the Park Assist package. The reversing camera is the most valuable component of this package with the front ultrasonic sensors being nice to have. The Park Assist software isn't worth anything to me because it is so slow to park and can damage wheels by dragging them against a curb. If the reversing camera could be ordered separately, I'd recommend doing so.

alohart said:
The Park Assist software isn't worth anything to me because it is so slow ...

Hear! Hear!

I also have Park Assist on a Ford Flex. Never use it on either vehicle.

Both are slow, inaccurate, and reject tight spots that I can actually fit in (and where Park Assist might come in handy, if it worked).

The i3 is a breeze to park. The auto-dipping side-view mirror is invaluable for keeping the rear wheel pristine.

Back