2020 I3s Incentives

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadJager

Our 2017 I3 BEV lease expires in 4 weeks. Through a mis-communication issue on the lease we opted not to purchase the car. We initially leased it to see if we were comfortable with electromotivation. We are ordering an I3s. This time it will be purchased. BMW extended us $10,500 in discounts. We felt that was very generous. But the final deal maker was the 0% financing offer, and basically what ever we want to put down for up to 72months! At that point is was a no brainer. Our car is now on order.

Do you have a delivery date? Apparently, few or no 2020 i3's have arrived in the U.S. yet unlike in previous model years. Speculation is that BMW is able to sell its entire i3 production in other markets and that BMW needs the i3 to offset its gas guzzlers in Europe.

Yes - in Europe in 2020, zero emission vehicles count double in the emissions calculation that the EU does so I guess you are right - big incentive to satisfy EU demand.
I ordered my i3 on 4 Feb and it was built on 7 Mar. (For UK). Quicker than I was quoted.
That said we don't get the incentives that the US market demands (and apparently gets). So greater profit for BMW on UK cars as well.

Art,
Our local dealer told us this morning that our build date is early July, with delivery in late August. He also indicated a lot of the allocations are going to California.
3/15/20: BMW Leasing extended our lease, with no issues, until the 2020 I3s is delivered.

Back