Lead Time for i3S Factory Order

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weareallalien

I've just placed an order for a factory order 13s through a lease at work. The lease provider isn't being very helpful in providing a lead time. Does anyone know what the rough time is at the moment? I'm based in the UK.

As I understand it, the UK is sort of unusual in that they don't generally have vehicles prebought by a dealer ready for sale, so all i3 vehicles are essentially ordered. That somewhat depends on allocations and how things are going now.

Given the world-wide issues with the virus, I think things are sort of up in the air...if they close the factory, or some of the suppliers slow down their deliveries, whatever was normal, may be different for maybe many months. If it gets delayed too long, you might run into the end of the model year and may end up with a 2021 if you still want it.

It's a new situation, and you may not get an accurate idea...maybe of what was, but things are different now.

That’s really helpful information, thank you.

I’ve just heard that my lead time is July however, as you’ve said this will be really up in the air given the current situation.

I shall just have to wait and see!

Back