MKH
Gold Member

Re: Remarkable end-of-lease buyout offers from BMWFS

Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:44 am

Yeah, the only time BMW was willing to negotiate on a lease buyout was when no-one was buying used cars during the worst of Covid. Dealer's used car lots were full and they wouldn't take them, and the normal lease disposal route of auction companies was the same - and BMW was stuck with paying for storage on lease returns they couldn't sell. Now that the market is back, and in fact there is higher than normal demand for used cars because of the chip shortage, there is no reason for BMW to offer a discount on a lease buyout when they can easily sell the lease-return car to a dealer or at auction.
Mark H.
2015 i3 Rex, Capparis White, Tera World, Technology & Driving Assistant, Parking Assistant, Harman Kardon Audio System, 19 inch Rial X10-i wheels, EVoInnovate EVSE

Arm

Re: Remarkable end-of-lease buyout offers from BMWFS

Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:38 am

MKH wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:44 am
Yeah, the only time BMW was willing to negotiate on a lease buyout was when no-one was buying used cars during the worst of Covid. Dealer's used car lots were full and they wouldn't take them, and the normal lease disposal route of auction companies was the same - and BMW was stuck with paying for storage on lease returns they couldn't sell. Now that the market is back, and in fact there is higher than normal demand for used cars because of the chip shortage, there is no reason for BMW to offer a discount on a lease buyout when they can easily sell the lease-return car to a dealer or at auction.
Well they lost a customer of 7 years over a few thousand dollars. That's not the way to treat long term customers. If that's the game they play, then there's no reason to buy or lease another BMW.

Return to “Buying the BMW i3”