2 year old i3 with low mileage

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themitch

Hi
I'm considering buying a used BMW i3 120Ah and wondered if I'm missing something? It's 2 years old (registered in Dec 2018), but has only done 3,600 miles. Due to the low mileage, this sounds ok to me - with low mileage such as this, it could almost be a 6 month old car, couldn't it? And it's the latest model, I don't think they have been updated in any way in the last 2 years? It's a dealership selling it, and will have the remaining year of the manufacturers 3-year warranty. Is there anything I'm missing? Anything I should double-check?
Thanks
Mitch

Sounds like either a lease return, or maybe a dealer service loaner/test-drive car. As long as you have some time left on the factory warranty - should be good. We bought our lease return used with 9K on the clock. Figured either a student or 2nd car for wife's weekly run to the grocery store. If you are in the USA, should have a four year factory warranty, and three years of 'free' maintenance service - which in the USA is no longer transferable to the 2nd owner.

If this is from a Dealer, does it not have a CPO status? (Certified Pre-Owned).

This from https://www.bmwusa.com/certified-preowned.html
"Every BMW Certified vehicle is backed by our BMW Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Limited Warranty. This provides comprehensive coverage for one year with unlimited miles, after the expiration of the 4 year/50,000-mile BMW New Vehicle/SAV Limited Warranty."

We did just that.
We’re the third owner of a 2 year old i3 (120Ah) BEV in the UK. It was originally on the BMW demo fleet, then someone had it for about a year and sold it. We got it with BMW warranty from a BMW dealership.
One of the best cars we have ever owned.

The "big" current battery debuted in the US for 2019. 2018 had the smaller battery, but still bigger than 2014-2016 I believe. You sure it has the "big" battery?

Under 4000 miles is like a brand new car. If the price is right, and it is the colour combo and options you want or need....get it. You'll love it.

themitch said:
Hi
I'm considering buying a used BMW i3 120Ah and wondered if I'm missing something? It's 2 years old (registered in Dec 2018), but has only done 3,600 miles. Due to the low mileage, this sounds ok to me - with low mileage such as this, it could almost be a 6 month old car, couldn't it? And it's the latest model, I don't think they have been updated in any way in the last 2 years? It's a dealership selling it, and will have the remaining year of the manufacturers 3-year warranty. Is there anything I'm missing? Anything I should double-check?
Thanks
Mitch

The i3 is many times a second car - and doesn't get that much exercise.

Probably the best used car around at the moment - they are way to expensive new.

Back