Warranty Still Good on an ‘18 REX with 11K…Right?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyking6976

Is BMW pretty good about honoring warranty work if it’s not the original owner? Very low mileage ‘18 REX with all the options but moonroof at a Toyota lot. I just wanted to make sure if a deal can be worked out, I’m not gonna take it to a BMW dealer, have them check it out top to bottom, front to back and stick me with the repairs.

I just walked away from a ‘16 REX yesterday that was obviously out of warranty and needed 3G’s worth of work that would take 2 weeks, so I’m a little gun shy.

I can't answer first-hand -- I was a second owner of a 2017 with a CPO warranty tacked on, and they were good to me (obviously), but I've also read accounts here where seconds owners have had warranty work performed without mentioning any pushback. 4 years / 50k I believe for the 2018 original factory warranty.

Thanks Nate. I signed on to myBMW and temporarily added the car to our 330Ci. It has this cool little green dot by the warranty stating ACTIVE until 3-22 since I won’t drive 40,000 miles by next March. Further down the page it shows all these extended warranty packages I could get for a handsome fee but still…

The original thought was to by a ‘16 and trade for i4 next year but I agree newer is better and I might keep the thing longer…but under one of these extended warranties.

Back