Interior cleaning with cloth interior

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello i3 owner's

Earlier this year, while operating my 2016 i3, was involved in a bad accident. Someone pulled out in front of me, totaling my i3......I'm ok, car protected me well. I had theTera Dark brown full leather package, which was awesome. Nothing ever looked dirty. East to maintain. Absolutely no mechanical problems with almost 50K miles on her. I loved my work car so much I bought another i3.

Shortly afterwards, I purchased a low mileage CPO BMW 2018 i3 with white light grey cloth interior. I am having issues with stains and dirt. Everything shows up. Water stains on the seats, dirt on the arm rest and more. I've had it for 4 months and it is NOT wearing well. I'm a clean freak so I need some advice.

I know the material is made from recycle material. I don't want to damage the fabric. Any help with products any cleaning techniques would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Take it to a professional detailer. It's worth it. Do the research and read the reviews. Pay the money and let them do it with peace of mind that it'll be done right.

I'm at a stage in my life where if I can afford the luxury of having something nice done, I'll pay for it to save time and reduce hassle and stress. If you can't or don't want that, I understand but I'm just giving my 2 cents.

In the long run, you'll save money doing this because A) the detailing will make your car professionally cleaned and touched up and B) you'll just need to buy basic stuff to upkeep your car instead of getting a whole lot of cleaning stuff to clean the car in and out.

Plus, you won't get freaked out and stressed out about cleaning as much. I know how you feel trust me....I keep my car spotless. But I've learned to let go and have it cleaned properly and I just maintain it.

Back