UK Option prices....

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker

Not sure if these are official but here goes.

Lodge World = £1500
Suite World = £2000

20" wheels = £1080
19" wheels = £680

Front parking sensors / rear camera / Park Assist = £790
Harman Kardon = £640
Glass Sunroof = £780
Led – head lights = £710
Driving Assist Package = £790
Winter package heated seats / pre heating battery / heat pump = £260

Upgrade to Professional Sat Nav FREE with early order ..... so Gaz26 you've got your "off plan" upgrade!

With Rex and my min options for the car comes in about £35k
If I want 20" wheels and full Leather its £36k

I'm not sure ....... having not seen the car yet ..... that does seem a bit steep.

We'll see.

Just returned from the BMW/What Car evening. Great event and the car is absolutely stunning in the metal. The car on display was solar orange in a suite trim and I think that is the configuration I will go for, as I am worried about how the lightness of the Lodge trim will stand up to UK weather. Spoke to the manager of the i3 programme and picked up some useful information:

- In his view the must have option is the heated seats/heap pump package as without this it is not possible to pre-heat or pre-cool the car through the iPhone/Android application

- UK dealers will be able to configure individual cars later this week, and orders placed with a delivery prior to March 2014 will receive an upgrade to the professional navigation system with the larger screen

- The basic subscription to BMW Access (which is I think is £40 pm including charging access) gains you enough points to have a 1 series for 7 days (or a 3 series convertible for a weekend). You can buy additional points to gain access to a better car / and or more days.

Parker said:
Link to PDF of full UK brochure.

I'm not sure if the Rex has the Heat Pump as standard.... its not very clear.

http://www.bmw.co.uk/dam/bmw/market...W_i3_Pricelist.pdf.resource.1375280767909.pdf

Thanks for posting. Need to see the cars in the flesh, there doesn't seem to be enough flexibility on customising interior?? I don't like light coloured steering wheels, soon get dirty! Only one colour for the leather?? thats disappointing? So do I just go for a standard car?

gaz26 said:
Thanks for posting. Need to see the cars in the flesh, there doesn't seem to be enough flexibility on customising interior?? I don't like light coloured steering wheels, soon get dirty! Only one colour for the leather?? thats disappointing? So do I just go for a standard car?

I agree 100% ... premium SHOULD mean the ability to customise (you have more choice with Fiat 500!) .... even if its just to change the Cream steering wheel for a Black / Brown one, change the colour of the floor mats (I mean Cream floor mats IN A CAR!)...... and remove all that BLUE!

Also nowhere did I read the 80% in 30 minutes charge would be an OPTION .......... have I misread the price list.
ANOTHER £560 just to have something that I would think is fundamental to the core car.

I've never had an electric car before but it looks like there are £1,000 worth of EV "options" that should be standard.
Fast Charge prep, Winter pack, Heat Pump.

Is this normal, do Nissan, Renault, Tesla charge extra for these??

Parker said:
gaz26 said:

I agree 100% ... premium SHOULD mean the ability to customise (you have more choice with Fiat 500!) .... even if its just to change the Cream steering wheel for a Black / Brown one, change the colour of the floor mats (I mean Cream floor mats IN A CAR!)...... and remove all that BLUE!

Also nowhere did I read the 80% in 30 minutes charge would be an OPTION .......... have I misread the price list.
ANOTHER £560 just to have something that I would think is fundamental to the core car.

I've never had an electric car before but it looks like there are £1,000 worth of EV "options"that should be standard.

Will see car tonight and make up my mind but reading the UK brochure leaves me disappointed. Lack of flexibility on trim options a big issue and cost of options make this an expensive city car with trim that I don't really want!

Parker said:
gaz26 said:

I've never had an electric car before but it looks like there are £1,000 worth of EV "options" that should be standard.

I don't have complete clarity on the interior color options either(can you get different colors at different trim levels - but it does seem you can't).

Personally I had always assumed that DC quick charge would be optional because yes, it is optional on other electric cars. On Tesla and the LEAF you get it with a higher trim level, but not the base car. Actually I prefer it is an 'ala carte' option. There are plenty of people that have no need for it and will never use it. Why should they be forced to pay for it on the base car?

It's interesting to note the heat pump system can't be ordered if you get the REx because it fits in where the REX is. However if you have a REX, you really don't 'need' the extra 5 or 6 miles the heat pump may save you when it's really cold outside.

TomMoloughney said:
Parker said:
gaz26 said:

I don't have complete clarity on the interior color options either(can you get different colors at different trim levels - but it does seem you can't).

Personally I had always assumed that DC quick charge would be optional because yes, it is optional on other electric cars. On Tesla and the LEAF you get it with a higher trim level, but not the base car. Actually I prefer it is an 'ala carte' option. There are plenty of people that have no need for it and will never use it. Why should they be forced to pay for it on the base car?

It's interesting to note the heat pump system can't be ordered if you get the REx because it fits in where the REX is. However if you have a REX, you really don't 'need' the extra 5 or 6 miles the heat pump may save you when it's really cold outside.

In the UK there is no choice of colour within each trim option. The leather and wood looks fantastic. Goes well with the solar orange. I am just sending my dealer the spec on my car and can't make up my mind if I should order DC charging. It's £560 and very few outlets with DC charging at present. Do I need it if I get the range extender??

gaz26 said:
In the UK there is no choice of colour within each trim option. The leather and wood looks fantastic. Goes well with the solar orange. I am just sending my dealer the spec on my car and can't make up my mind if I should order DC charging. It's £560 and very few outlets with DC charging at present. Do I need it if I get the range extender??

You really don't need the quick charge if you get the range extender. If DQ quick charge stations were as ubiquitous as gas stations you wouldn't need a range extender, but the fact it building out a quick charge station network to the point of having them installed and accessible everywhere is going to take a long time. Gas stations to fill the REx for the rare times you need to drive long distance are easy to find.

TomMoloughney said:

You really don't need the quick charge if you get the range extender. If DQ quick charge stations were as ubiquitous as gas stations you wouldn't need a range extender, but the fact it building out a quick charge station network to the point of having them installed and accessible everywhere is going to take a long time. Gas stations to fill the REx for the rare times you need to drive long distance are easy to find.

It never dawned on me that they had to put it somewhere!

Thanks for the info Tom .... and I'd sort of come to the same conclusion myself that if you had Rex when would you actually use the Rapid charger facility.

Hi,

First post... been lurking for a while though. I thought I'd share some more details about some of the options that I got from the iChat people on the UK site, some of it is quite self explanatory but some adds detail. Excuse the sales chat, I most copied and pasted.

Winter package (ZWT) comprises (494) Seat heating for front driver and passenger seats and (ZHV) pre-heating of HV battery with active air flap control. Pre-heating the HV battery ensures that the battery is operating at the optimal temperature which further improves the range and performance of the battery. Additional active control of air flaps to assist in achieving optimum operating temperature.

Cold weather cabin preparation (4T9) Heat pump for pre-heating the cabin temperature for improved comfort when entering the cabin in cold conditions. This ensures that less battery energy is required to achieve the desired cabin temperature as this can be activated while the vehicle is on charge. This results in improved range performance as well as the optimum cabin temperature before you enter the vehicle.

Loudspeaker system (674) harman/kardon speaker system with surround mode, digital amplifier with vehicle-specific equalising, 360W amplifier power: 5x40 W, 2x80 W, 7 channels, DSP technology, 12 speakers with high-quality expanded metal mesh covers: - 2 tweeters with 'harman/kardon' designation in the mirror triangles - 2 midrange speakers in the front door trims - 2 central bass speakers underneath the front seats - 2 tweeters in the holders for rear parcel shelf - 2 midrange speakers in the holders for rear parcel shelf - 1 midrange speaker in the instrument panel, top centre - 1 tweeter in the instrument panel, top centre

Driving Assistant Plus (5AT) A range of camera and radar-based driver assistance systems that enhance safety and reduce the risk of potential collisions, at both high and low speeds. Systems included in this option are: Lane Departure Warning for detecting lane markings at speeds above approximately 45mph. If the car deviates from the lane of travel without the use of indicators, the steering wheel vibrates as an alert. If the indicators are used to signal, the system recognises this as an intentional lane change and the steering wheel will not vibrate. Forward Collision Warning operates at speeds above 10 mph and monitors vehicles ahead and warns the driver by an optical and acoustic alert if their approach could escalate into a rear-end collision. At higher speeds over 30 mph an urgent warning also activates brake preconditioning for maximum force. City Collision Mitigation proactively engages braking automatically for rapid reaction to potential vehicle collisions in driving situations up to 35 mph. Preventive Pedestrian Protection proactively engages braking automatically for rapid reaction to potential collisions with humans and cyclists in urban driving situations up to 35 mph. The identification of pedestrians and cyclists is only active in daylight.

Included in the above is Traffic Jam Assist (5AR) Provides autonomous driving (steering, accelerating, braking) in traffic jams on highways up to approximately 25mph providing greater comfort for the driver. Please note this function can only be operated on motorways and other main roads with clear road markings. (I believe a hand needs to be on the wheel to meet EU legislation but not sure how it detects this).

I think that driving assistant plus seems like a fair amount of tech for £790, certainly compared to the price of the LED headlights or a different style of the same size 19" alloys... but I still want them too :)

Interesting post m11wlk, thanks. I've been meaning to spend some time with the online chat to ask a couple of questions like that. I tried the automated iGenius text service earlier today but it wasn't quite up the the hype, it only managed to answer 1 out of my 4 questions. Maybe they were stupid questions !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/technology/technology-trends/10211752/BMW-i3-high-tech-QandA-service.html

The Harman Kardon speakers should sound good with that spec. Can't find anything about standard set up. Think I will add to my order.

gaz26 said:
The Harman Kardon speakers should sound good with that spec. Can't find anything about standard set up. Think I will add to my order.

I'm led to believe the standard set up is 4 x 25 watt speakers ...... sort of what you would expect in a mainstream car a few years ago. So on the face of it nothing special, whereas the HK system seems a good system.
Shame there's not a half way house like Audi offer ie approx £200 for a 10 speaker upgrade.
I think without it the HK upgrade should almost be a default option for any looking to listen to music in the car.

Parker said:
gaz26 said:

DC Rapid charging, 32Amp 'fast' charging, and the heat pump are all optional on Leaf. If you want them all, you can end up with a Leaf that costs as much as an i3.

AC Rapid charging, 32Amp fast charging and a heat pump are all standard on Renault Zoe. They are not available on other Renault EVs.

I haven't see price details for the UK Tesla Model S.

TomMoloughney said:
gaz26 said:

This is a really good point - If I bought a REx version, the odd time that I make a trip in the car that is longer than 180 miles, I could just top up the little fuel tank and wouldn't need to stand about waiting for 30minutes for a fast charge at a public charge station. Presumably refuelling the little tank would allow the batteries to take me a further 80 miles?

mkaiser1 said:
Presumably refuelling the little tank would allow the batteries to take me a further 80 miles?
Yes. Unless you needed to go on an extended trip to the mountains, you should be able to continue running on gas, much like a Chevy Volt, an Opel or Vauxhall Ampera would.

mkaiser1 said:
This is a really good point - If I bought a REx version, the odd time that I make a trip in the car that is longer than 180 miles, I could just top up the little fuel tank and wouldn't need to stand about waiting for 30minutes for a fast charge at a public charge station. Presumably refuelling the little tank would allow the batteries to take me a further 80 miles?

If you knew at the outset that you were going on a very long journey or going up into the mountains you could (once the battery had dropped below 80% charge) manually switch on the Rex so then theoretically you could drive up hill and down dale with full power pretty much indefinitely as long as you kept topping up the fuel tank.

As you would have close to 80% of the battery to provide the extra power needed to assist the Rex (as opposed to 20% in automatic Rex mode) which I would imagine would last a very long time.

Back