BLUE Cable

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a4refillpad

Hi,

Just received my i3 on Friday and found out that I do not have a Blue Cable (type2 - type2) cable included which is needed at untethered charging points. I looked in the quick start guide etc and it says it should be included. But to my dismay when I called BMW they confirmed that it is £160+VAT and not included by default.

Can anyone else confirm the same that's it not included?
Seems like an essential peice of equipment to me.

Looks like you're in the UK. The cable is cheaper form nuWorld Energy:

http://nuworldenergy.co.uk/shop/bmw-i3.html

It is more flexible than the IBM blue cable (I have both).

I'd check the price, I'm sure I paid £160 including VAT (ish). And if you buy BMW you get a snazzy storage bag too!

Some people have posted about getting 10% off from the BMW dealer just by asking, worth a try. And yes, it is right you do not get this cable in the UK. You get the 3 pin plug charging cable but not a type 2 cable.

The blue 'python' was £165 inc VAT when I ordered it with the car back in November 2013. Looking on the web that's still the price on the accessories list, but the cable bag is extra.

a4refillpad said:
Thanks for the advice and tips here everyone. :) Great comminity we have going here.
I'll second that. Just got an i3 and this is a great place to find answers.

FWIW I thought that the i3 BEV was supplied with a public charge cable, but it was an option on the Rex ? Enjoy discovering the joys of electric motoring :)

i3 BEV doesn't come with the blue cable - BMW price with VAT is actually as cheap as, or better than the other places listed - I like the auto curl-up-ness it has (automatically forms into a spiral), the bag is good to have too. Go blue!

This looked pretty good but by then I had already purchased the blue cable. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00TXFC3MQ/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_0dvIvb66VYERP

Would solve the problem of easier storage and keeping it off the ground.

Back