Is this a good deal, dealer accepted and signing tomorrow

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this for a 10k mile/year lease? Looks like a good deal to me, little cheaper than I'm paying for a lease in MI, even if it's for 10k miles. I went with a 15k mile lease because of my long commute and am paying a little more, factoring in the additional cost for the added miles. Still got a great deal considering my gas savings per month.

I was told by my dealer that BMW gave them permission to sell their 2015 inventory at a reduced cost, maybe to make room for 2016 models? Ended up getting a loaded car, with the preferred audio upgrade and some other technology I wouldn't have added, for a little cheaper than what they quoted me for ordering a base model.

$6k off MSRP from the dealer seems pretty reasonable for a 2015. Thats a little over 11% discount on MSRP.

Looks like they are throwing in the options credit from BMW - another $1k in addition to the federal credit of $7,500 ($8,500 total additional reduction of MSRP).

The APR seems on the high side if you have excellent credit (above 800) - BMW are offering 0.9% on new purchases for 2015 i3, but maybe that doesn't apply to leases.

Overall I think it looks like a good / fair deal and hey - when the government are giving you $7,500 against the partial depreciation of the vehicle that's a no brainer - so take the federal credit and run! :)

We are looking to lease as well... I'll be trading some numbers with my dealer this week. In our metro area, there are 3 BMW dealers, combined they have over 50 2015 i3s on the lot to choose from. I plan to negotiate pretty hard ;) We were going to purchase but I want to wait for the next generation i3 battery cells due out in 3-4 years which will double the range apparently...

DinosM said:
MSRP $52,245
Selling Price $46,000
Sales Tax (OH @ 7.5%) $472
Rebates & Incentive $(8,500)
Net Cap Cost $37,972
Money Factor 0.00135
APR 3.24%
Residual 63%
Residual Value $32,914
Lease Terms $24
No. of MSDs 7 x 0.0007
Total MSD $2,100
Effective Money Factor 0.00086
Monthly Depreciation ($5,057/24) $211
Monthly Finance Charges ($1,463/24) $61
Total Monthly Payment before Tax $272

Total Due at signing: $2,772
1st Month Payment $272
Doc Fee $250
DMV Fees $150
MSD Refundable $2,100

where are you located if you don't mind asking? I'm looking for a similar offer

Im in NW Ohio but actually leased the car from Michigan. The numbers were a bit different because of taxes, I will list all the numbers tonight when I get home.

thanks mate. i would be interested in your buying / leasing experience since I'm looking for the same combo as a lease

So, that's a Giga REX with parking and Tech and 10k miles/year, right? I'd say it's an excellent lease. My bare bones BEV for the same lease terms is $259/month with same $2100 MSD, and I had to go to Chicago to get it. Do you mind sharing which OH dealer that is. Edit: Sorry, I just saw you got it from MI.

Back