Anxious for delivery...how long did you wait for your I3?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Styleprojekt

I ordered a 2015 solar orange BEV I3 on November 4th, and until now have no clue when it will be here.
The car was at the harbor in Texas ready for delivery to the dealership the day we ordered it, according to my Sales rep.
I dropped by the dealership today to see if there were any new updates, but for the past 2 weeks, none of the status updates have been updated...the car was supposed to be shipped the 12th, delivered the 14th and well...apparently it is in a black hole because we are past that at this point and no other information is available.

So, while I am patiently waiting for my little solar orange electric egg to arrive, I would like to know how long did you guys wait for your cars to be delivered to your dealership?

PS: I am located in Salt Lake City, UT.

I ordered mine mid August and received it towards the end of October.

However, mine was built from Germany, and shipped to Canada.

It took my salesman two trips around the inventory lot to get mine. He missed it on the first pass....

Do you have the VIN number of the car? If so, you can track the car via BMW's website, or via 800-831-1117 and select the vehicle production status. You need the Last 7 digits of the vin, or the production number. I should mention that it's not that up to date but does give you an idea where it is.

FWIW, mine was stuck at the port for quite a while (2-3 weeks) before it was finally shipped to my dealer. I'm in socal so it might be a bit different but there was supposedly a hold on the i3's a while ago and my salesmen couldn't get mine either.

Back