I did it !

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brice

Just wanted to share my joy with you ! I finaly purchased this morning a brand new i3. Delivery is expected between mid-June / mid-July.

Model:

I3 REx - Black Edition (France)

Options:
Lodge (whool & leither - wood)
Navigation Pro (big screen)
Harman Kardon
"Full" LED
Tinted Windows

So impatient to be mine.

See ya' !

Thank you Steve ! :)

I'm afraid that Switzerland (I'm leaving in France, at the border of Geneva) is not very much like The Netherlands. The Electric infra is extremely poorly distributed. (France is the same).

However, for my needs, the i3 will be perfect anyway. Short commute every day, garage to load the battery during cheap electricity period at night.
Also, I need to go to Grenoble (150 km away) to see ma Family once a month / once every 2 months, and the REx will do perfectly its job for that.

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Sweden with the i3 though, next year... that's going to be an adventure... (I didn't take the quick charging option because 99% of the time, no need for it), so it will be loading the car at night while at the hotel, and REx a lot).

Anyway, really impatient to get my new toy.

Hi Brice,

I beg to differ :cool:

Sure, Switzerlands charging infrastructure could be better, but we've been driving our i3 in CH numerous times now. We've hardly ever used our REx inland, save for the trip from/to Holland. It has to be said that we never buy a 'Vignette', since we travel in CH mostly for pleasure we always take the byroads, never motorways.
Because of the twisty mountain roads and the amount of residential area's, our average speed is usually quite low,. Combined with the fact that CH is quite small, like the Netherands, we've been very succesfull in navigating CH on electrons. One cavaet though, you have to have a healthy charge in the battery to get it over the average 'col'. The friendly guys of BMW Alpina in Chur (CCS charger - our car does have it) know us quite well by now :D

All the best !
Steven

Photo: going up the Furka
furkai3.jpg

Hello Steve,

Well, I'm glad I'm wrong then ! :)

I agree of course for the size of the country. I'm sure that hanging around in full electric must be relaxing. Though now I can't add the option for the DC charging (and I was short on the money anyway), but I'm sure by using temporary the REx here and there, I could also enjoy some road trips in the mountains.

And WOW ! Really nice picture... and a good overview of my futur dashboard :D

Thank you Tom (and nice work on your blog btw! It's been a great source of inspiration and information before purchase)

I'm getting my car today 5:30pm CET !

PS: I started a blog also (check signature) but I have to transform this one in english. I have a second one in french (up to date)... hope I'll find the time soon.

websterize said:
The i3 looks so much better without the amber reflectors (on N.A. cars), especially on dark colors.

I agree. (Sorry for you N.A folks). That's funny because it's been a year now that I started to watch videos A LOT on youtube and only noticed these reflectors last week.

Why on earth would you like to have these on all cars. Does't really make sens. Instead stop selling guns to people. (Am I out of line ?)

Back