Now the waiting begins

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icer1970

Just finalized my 2017 BMW i3 Rex
Fluid Black with Suite interior
Dalbergia Brown leather and Dark Oak wood trim
Premium Package
Technology Package
Sunroof
19" BMW i Turbine Wheels

I live in Western Canada and had to do all the paperwork and haggling via emails
but think I got a sweet deal!!!

My first BMW will be delivered late September early October.... uugghhh will this Summer ever end :D

Congratulations. I've got 2 months yesterday as my delivery date and I can't wait for the time to pass. Mind you, Mr Nice Man BMW has agreed to let me have one this coming weekend to test my Rolec charger installation. Can't help feeling he's just teasing me though :lol:

Would love to test another i3 for a weekend but there are no dealers on Vancouver Island.
We still have to get our charging station it is a slow process dealing with strata and builders.

icer1970 said:
Just finalized my 2017 BMW i3 Rex
Fluid Black with Suite interior
Dalbergia Brown leather and Dark Oak wood trim
Premium Package
Technology Package
Sunroof
19" BMW i Turbine Wheels

I live in Western Canada and had to do all the paperwork and haggling via emails
but think I got a sweet deal!!!

My first BMW will be delivered late September early October.... uugghhh will this Summer ever end :D
Congrats! I ordered almost the exact same except with 20's and a set of winter wheels (427's). Oh, and it is a Rex (not sure if your is). I am in Toronto area.

Yesterday I received my VIN...so the baby is born and is on the way over now. :D

Awesome..... yes mine is a REX as well. Living in Victoria on the west coast we really don't have much use for winter tires ;P
Have VIN #, just the big wait. Will this summer ever end lol

Just heard yesterday that my car is at the port waiting on the ship. Dealer indicated late August is now the likely arrival.

OWG said:
Just heard yesterday that my car is at the port waiting on the ship. Dealer indicated late August is now the likely arrival.

Awesome - maybe mine is there with yours too? I've got the one coming to Oakville that showed June 24 production.

joey003 said:
OWG said:

Awesome - maybe mine is there with yours too? I've got the one coming to Oakville that showed June 24 production.

Check with your dealer, they should be able to tell you if it is in the holding yard. I would expect it is. My dealer proactively sends me screen shots of the status weekly (Town + Country).

OWG said:
joey003 said:
OWG said:

Check with your dealer, they should be able to tell you if it is in the holding yard. I would expect it is. My dealer proactively sends me screen shots of the status weekly (Town + Country).

Waiting to hear from them. I wonder how soon they'll leave to make their way over. I think they told me at the time that the trip across the atlantic is roughly 4 weeks? I might not be remembering it correctly though.

12-days, unless to the west coast of the USA, is about the normal transit time. Now, if there's things that need to be done at the port center, that could take some time, then filling a truck to get a vehicle to your dealer doesn't happen immediately, either, but it shouldn't normally add more than 3-4 days - maybe longer if you're far from the port. The dealer will need part of a day to ready the car for delivery once it gets it.

^Cool to know, thanks. I'm close to Toronto. I'm happy to see how far along it is already considering it's just about mid-July.

joey003 said:
I think for Canada it may hit a port in Halifax, not 100% sure though.

It does. One of the other members in the i3 FB GTA page tracked his ship into Halifax (complete with pictures from the live cam of Halifax harbour). ;)

FWIW, BMW ships cars to the USA about weekly...don't know the frequency of ships going to Canada, so there could be a delay if it just missed a ship waiting for the next one. Well, that's true for anywhere, but is more of a pain when they aren't leaving frequently!

Deliveries of 2017 i3 with 94 Ah cells have started here in Germany. Several have been reported on the street.

Frank

fdl1409 said:
Deliveries of 2017 i3 with 94 Ah cells have started here in Germany. Several have been reported on the street.

Frank

Hi Frank,

Any news on the max charge rate of the 94Ah i3? Is it still ~7.4kW?

Here in Germany 11 kW, 400V ( 3x230V, 16A ).

Expect my new BEV in September. I drive a REx since 5/14.

Frank

Back