Lease Deal For 94 ah Range Extender

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awesomeguy85

"Hello everyone!

Just wanted to ask here if anyone of you tried to lease the 2017 BMW i3 94 ah Range Extender. My sister wants to lease for this car. She told me about the dealer offer, for 10,000 miles, $309/monthly, with $3,828 due at signing and $7,500 rebate. What do you think of this offer? Do you think this is best deal? If anyone of you have the best deal here for this car, maybe you can share it here. Thanks in advance."

I saw that the BMW Financial Services in the page 10 of this forum, https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/42206/bmw/i3/2017-bmw-i3-lease-questions/p10, also offer the same with my deal here. The only difference is the Due at signing which is $5,211.67 from them and in my sister's dealer is only $3,828. I don't know why there is a big difference here. I have no idea about the calculations here. I think I will just share here the dealer's offer from https://dsrleasing.com/car-listings/2017-bmw-i3-94-ah-range-extender-lease-289-mo/. If you think you can calculate and discuss it with me here the difference, I would highly appreciate it. Thanks so much.

$309 is the lowest payment I saw on the Edmunds site for a ReX. Note that CA residents may get extra rebates from the state. The link you provided is not from a BMW dealer so I'm not sure how they arrived at their numbers....

FYIW BMW's website offers a $319 lease on a ReX. Might change on Apr 1 though.

awesomeguy95 and about 7 other "members" are sock puppets of the leasing company they link.

theothertom said:
$309 is the lowest payment I saw on the Edmunds site for a ReX. Note that CA residents may get extra rebates from the state. The link you provided is not from a BMW dealer so I'm not sure how they arrived at their numbers....

FYIW BMW's website offers a $319 lease on a ReX. Might change on Apr 1 though.

Thank you for your information here. I will check the BMW's website now to check it.

So here in Maryland my i3/Rex lease is about up. I have not been thrilled with the car, but after test driving the Bolt I decided I could live with another i3 for another 2 years as a commute car (ride and range of Bolt is superior, the interior cheap plastic and design inferior). So I tried to get a good deal for the BMW. And I am just baffled. The car does not sell well here, you can get one for $5-7K under MSRP easy. And I used all the right numbers for a lease (purchase price, residual, money factor, MD state taxes etc, $7500 from BMW, $2K from dealer/pull ahead). The best offer I get is easily 50% over that calculation.

So I am simply moving on, I'll either lease a Bolt or buy a used Leaf to tide me over. But I guess I don't understand what the dealers are doing. These cars are not moving off the lots here.

Oh well...

It may be BMW is tired of losing money on them, so isn't supporting the residual like they used to.

It still seems a bit shortsighted of BMW as these cars are already on dealer lots and are only going to be less attractive with each passing month as the Bolt rolls out the Model 3 inches closer.

So why not deal now while the buyers are interesting instead of the future when there are even less buyers?

Back