new or inventory new

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscarricher

Should i get a
-new inventory but 2017 (couple of miles on it) nice spec, however doesnt have the traffic jam assist which is what i would have ordered. Price is $75k AUD

or

-Order new 2018 model facelift and get the benefits of new iDrive system and the 'new' look for probably around $80k AUD?

or wait longer hoping BMW bring a bigger battery out mid year?

thanks

A couple of ways to look at this...similar to computers in their infant stages, wait 6-months, and the capabilities are better and the price drops. But, only you can decide if what the current capabilities are, are good enough to satisfy your needs. At some point, enough is enough. The uninitiated will cause the price to drop, so resale price verses say a lease which won't care (unless you want to buy it out at the end) could drop, but if you hold it long enough, that doesn't really matter, either.

I bought my 2014 is. It only has about 11K miles on it after nearly four years. But drives and functions like new, and I have no desire to try to sell it for something new (yet). SO, I don't really care what it's worth on a resale. It meets my needs. Yours may differ. Only you can decide when the time is right. If you need more range, wait. If you don't, go for it now.

There is supposed to be a release of a third sized battery at the end of 2018. You're not buying this new are you? That's pretty much unheard of b/c it's way overpriced. Lease or buy a used 2015 one which is the sweet spot for value as a second hand vehicle.

yeah prices in australia are crazy for this car, no incentives either.
im getting quoted a 2016 loaded 90rex for $75000 AUD. Thats why it thought ordering new would be cheaper as apparently a base spec is $77000, but then i guess that doesnt inc taxes :cry:

Back