Condition of EME module?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRK002

Hello everyone,

I have read about the "EME failure" in some 2014 BEV models wonder whether what can cause something like that? the power quality of electricity supply is the only reason that i can think of unless there had been a design failure. Because to my knowledge, EME module is basically just a rectifier (AC to DC converter) I'm keen on knowing more details about the matter.

Also, i have noted that all these events have been recorded in 2014 and 2015. Is it safe to assume that whatever the issues that had been with EME in 2014 BEVs had been fixed by software updates or faulty modules have already failed and been replaced by now?

how to check the software version of the vehicle you are going to buy and the last date it had been updated? is it possible to view from i-drive menu in large screen or service menu in small screen?

I am going to buy a 2014 BEV in next week that had been exclusively used in Japan, which is in great condition overall. But a bit concerned about prospective EME or other electronic module failures, given that its manufactured in early 2014 (based on VIN)

Thank you all very much!

Back