My BMW i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mephisto

I believe that the 'Driving Assistant Plus' (5AT) package is a must have, but to be able to choose that an upgraded interior was needed. BMW Gothenburg has got four i3's and all with different interior. I choosed Loft because it is the one looking most modern and the contrast between dark and bright materials are really nice. I didn't know about the interior lights that comes with the upgrade but I'm glad I will have it.

My first colour choice was the standard grey... Until I saw it :eek: The standard white is ok, the silver is boring, the beige is for old people, the orange is for young people. The metallic grey was the easy choice, it's also a nice transition with the black hood, roof and tailgate. I also saw the standard rims and made an upgrade to the 428 both for summer and winter tyres.

In a modern car like this I wanted Navigation PRO, Parking- and Connected drive packages, Harman/Kardon and Bluetooth extra. Fast charger was also added before I was done.
We ended up with an almost fully specified car, but this will be our only car so the cost is almost motivated :D
Working in Volvo Cars area there's alot of charger's available at work, but living in a flat it's only the hunt for an overnight charging left...

So it will almost the same as this one.
But mine is a rex without drivers assist and quik loading.
We are driving now 3 days and it makers fun :D

e74d77bd-c6fb-45a1-bf05-c07ca4644e37_zps9387d4ad.jpg

mephisto said:
My first colour choice was the standard grey... Until I saw it :eek: The standard white is ok, the silver is boring, the beige is for old people, the orange is for young people. The metallic grey was the easy choice, it's also a nice transition with the black hood, roof and tailgate. I also saw the standard rims and made an upgrade to the 428 both for summer and winter tyres.

Hey! Oh......ok :)

Looks really nice Rob, dark exterior and bright interior. What are your experience so far?

Andy, did you order the beige? ;)

It's no longer a problem, the colour you order.

If you get tired or bored of it, just have it vinyl wrapped in the colour of your choice.

Over here, you can fry eggs on dark cars in summer, and they show dust shortly after washing. The extra energy the A/C sucks up reducing the cabin temperature to bearable temperatures must have a range impact. Don't know why people buy them.

I33t said:
It's no longer a problem, the colour you order.

If you get tired or bored of it, just have it vinyl wrapped in the colour of your choice.

Over here, you can fry eggs on dark cars in summer, and they show dust shortly after washing. The extra energy the A/C sucks up reducing the cabin temperature to bearable temperatures must have a range impact. Don't know why people buy them.

Exactly my thoughts and the reason why I changed colour form Laurus to Andesite, I did consider doing the vinyl wrap on a white base too.
The air con scenario also needs to be considered, it can be a big drain on the batteries and for this reason I went for the sunroof to help cool the cabin.

BoMW said:
Exactly my thoughts and the reason why I changed colour form Laurus to Andesite, I did consider doing the vinyl wrap on a white base too.
The air con scenario also needs to be considered, it can be a big drain on the batteries and for this reason I went for the sunroof to help cool the cabin.

I'm certainly considering vinyl wrap, neither Laurus Grey nor Arravani Grey look quite right so it made sense to stick with the base colour.

Bill

Back