Launch Edition Silver or wait for Laurel Grey?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karupspc

Hello all

Spoke with local US dealership on Friday informed me that they're getting 2 i3 launch editions both Silver without the 20" wheels. One will be used as a demo and the other for sale. Since I had already put money down for essentially the same spec vehicle but with a different color, the Laurel Grey, the sales guy said I could reserve the Silver i3 instead and might get it ahead of the custom build orders that already know will be delayed.

So my question is: Anyone seen the Silver and Laurel Grey i3 in person? Should I go for the Silver launch edition?

Is the color Ionic Silver (light silver, blue-ish) or Andesite Silver (champagne silver, soft brown tint)? The Laurel Grey is the darkest color available - a lot of people seem to like it, but it is too dark for my taste. I like the contrast between a light color and the i3's dark hood (bonnet), roof, and trunk (boot).

karupspc said:
Hello all

Spoke with local US dealership on Friday informed me that they're getting 2 i3 launch editions both Silver without the 20" wheels. One will be used as a demo and the other for sale. Since I had already put money down for essentially the same spec vehicle but with a different color, the Laurel Grey, the sales guy said I could reserve the Silver i3 instead and might get it ahead of the custom build orders that already know will be delayed.

So my question is: Anyone seen the Silver and Laurel Grey i3 in person? Should I go for the Silver launch edition?

I have a Laurel Grey on order so it is my first choice also, however I really like the Ionic Silver. I'm not a huge fan of the Andesite Silver though, but that's just my taste. Remember your going to have the car a long time a few more months wait won't kill you to get what you want.

karupspc said:
Hello all

Hi,

I have just changed my colour preference on my order, I also chose Laurus Grey at the beginning but am keen to highlight the two tone, contrast of the car and decided that Andesit silver is for me. I preferred to go for the warmer silver as opposed to the colder Ionic silver.

Well, this is all preference, but the Andesite Silver has some brown in it, so you have to like that "warm" color. I went for the Laurel Grey because I am not a fan of the roof contrast and that dark color minimizes it. IMO, the Ionic Silver will blend in with the concrete roads and silver building in So. Cal. and makes it look common. Again! Personal opinion. I would not change my color for the early release.

Back