UK Order v Delivery Dates

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeS

I was wondering what the overall order to delivery time is looking like in the UK.

I ordered my Rex 22 Jan 14 and projected delivery in Aug/Sep 14 - expected waiting time about 30 weeks/7 months.

What is your confirmed or expected lead time?

MikeS said:
I was wondering what the overall order to delivery time is looking like in the UK.

I ordered my Rex 22 Jan 14 and projected delivery in Aug/Sep 14 - expected waiting time about 7 months.

What is your confirmed or expected lead time?

Mine was 17 weeks from order to collection. The initial predication was however much greater, probably 26 weeks.

Bill

I placed the order on 13th Feb 2014 for a BEV and had an email saying build date is due week 31(july 28th) that has not being confirmed yet..

bishbosh said:
Men is a REX, not sure if that makes a difference to delivery times....

At the time I placed my BEV order, BMW were advising that I could get the car much earlier by ordering a REx instead. Doesn't seem a massive amount earlier, to be honest.

BEV ordered around very end of December... Delivery estimated for 2nd week in July.

(Slightly disappointing as the US seem to be getting them quicker from what I have read)

RJSATLBA said:
REx ordered 7 Feb, update c 5 weeks ago was build week 33 delivery week 36.

Yes Roger, strange that it takes 3 weeks for the car to be delivered, my i3 was ready for transporting on the 5 April but delivery is likely to be 30 April. For approximately £700 delivery charge I'd have expected a quicker service!

An opportunity to share my pain :) - REX

Watched the launch 'live' July 2013
Went to Frankfurt and checked it out September 2013
Asked my company to order one October 2013
Company actually got around to confirming order with BMW (after much debate about the £5k grant and pricing) 29 November 2013
Estimated delivery 23 May 2014 (unchanged since placed)

Only another few weeks now.

Mike

I ordered a BEV on 12th December and have a delivery date of 5th May. It is through a lease company so the dates may not be accurate (given delivery to me at home is planned on a Bank Holiday I guess it is at least a day out).

Here is my version of events which will no doubt raise a few eye brows!

5th November 2013 first realised that i3 was being launched so rang nearest i3 agent in Derby for information. Immediately wanted to order the i3 but salesman advised me to hold on until I saw the car.
15th November 2013 had invite to car reveal. Was impressed and wanted to order but dealer told me to hold on until I test drive the car. Deliveries at this time were for end of February.
18th November 2013 test drive and wanted to order however dealer comment made, that Proffesional Navigation is not standard but £950 option. Cut off date was 16th November.
Very angry that this had happened and decided to abandon my order.
14th January 2014 I viewed the i3 at another dealer, they told me that the cut off date was 9th January to receive the free Proffesional Navigation. Deliveries were now running into July.
I asked the dealer whether they had a cancellation which I could hijack. They did but they said that this was not allowed. 24 hours later BMW UK confirmed that dealers are not able to pass on cancellations and that cars must go back into the system for other buyers however some dealers have re-sold cancelled orders so my new dealer decided to do this.
17th January 2014 I re-specified the order to my preferences and placed deposit, delivery 30th April 2014.
1st March 2014 I changed my options which might compromise my April delivery.
5th April my i3 is finished in Leipzig.
11th April my i3 is in the UK
HAND OVER 23rd April.........possibly

p.s. because the car was originally ordered in Decmber 2013 it was eligible for the free Proffesional Navigation which is what I wanted. Shame my local i3 agent did not have the correct information or attitude.

Ordered mine 2nd March, due end august.

Might it be too much to hope existing orders might speed up soon with the recent announcement of production ramping up?

I wonder why there is such a broad range of times from order to (projected) delivery. For example orders from late Jan to early March all projected delivery in Aug/Sep?

P.S. Yes, I am frustrated with the wait!

Also the USA seems to be getting a block allocation so that their order to delivery date is much shorter.

I ordered my Rex mid Nov 13. I was expecting delivery mid May. I was told by dealer that the car was about to go into production. Then after not hearing anything for 2weeks I chased on the production status only to be told that BMW have put back production on orders ammended in March (I dropped DC fast charge following BMW email that there was uncertainty on the rollout of compatible fast chargers). They were quoting September, I went nuclear with the dealer who said he has got it down to late May production for June delivery. I am fuming - I was told when ordering it was a first come first served basis - really BMW? seems like certain orders are being injected into the queue.

Fed up with getting run-around and close to dumping my order and dropping the deposit for an i8. Given the poor customer service before purchase and growing complaints about customer service after purchase I have to question if BMW are the right people to buy this technology from.

I was about to make a change to my order to add the Harman Kardon upgrade after seeing several very favourable comments but after seeing MrM's unfortunate experience of losing his place in the order queue I'm not so sure.

Has anyone else in the UK had this problem after amending their order?

Back