alohart

Re: I'm a newbie.

Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:17 pm

Timjohn wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:25 pm
My thoughts on Facebook groups...if you have questions the World Wide group is the place to go. All my inquiries from this group was answered within minutes of posting. This discussion group is rather slow and ponderous and I had to wait for days if not a week before I received a response to any of my inquiries. Don't shy away from informed world wide i3 owners.
Of course, anyone using Facebook should realize that Facebook will attempt to track your Website viewing and collect as much of your personal information as it can. So one trades privacy for whatever Facebook has to offer.

Facebook's worldwide i3 group has a pretty low signal to noise ratio with many threads about how pretty my i3 is, I saw an i3 at such and such place; was that you?, and the same problem repeated over and over, probably because finding previous discussions can be difficult with all threads dumped into a single group regardless of the topic. I much prefer this forum.
Aloha,
Art

2014 BMW i3 Arravani Grey, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, JuiceBox EVSE

Spamouflage

Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:18 am

Deutsch100 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:51 am
i3BLUE wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:03 pm
Be wary of the Facebook groups. There is a lot of whining and talk of "coding" your car to defeat the intent of BMW and it's EV functions. There is some good info out there, but just be careful with the information.
I am a member of the largest Facebook i3 group, and there is not much whining ;) The help and advice and knowledge has been pretty amazing actually, and I do not think there is any more push to code REX on Facebook than on this page.

It seems most who have REX on this site and on Facebook, have coded the REX. I was terrified to do it on my 2019 i3, but finally took the plunge on my 2020 i3 and I could not be happier.

We must not forget, The USA is one of the only regions in the world, where one cannot use REX when desired. Coding REX is not doing something scandalous or shocking....it is actually just using REX as BMW intended from day 1 ;)
Would that void the warranty? I’m leasing my 2020 i3S REX. Thanks

Deutsch100

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:25 am

Spamouflage wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:18 am
Deutsch100 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:51 am
i3BLUE wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:03 pm
Be wary of the Facebook groups. There is a lot of whining and talk of "coding" your car to defeat the intent of BMW and it's EV functions. There is some good info out there, but just be careful with the information.
I am a member of the largest Facebook i3 group, and there is not much whining ;) The help and advice and knowledge has been pretty amazing actually, and I do not think there is any more push to code REX on Facebook than on this page.

It seems most who have REX on this site and on Facebook, have coded the REX. I was terrified to do it on my 2019 i3, but finally took the plunge on my 2020 i3 and I could not be happier.

We must not forget, The USA is one of the only regions in the world, where one cannot use REX when desired. Coding REX is not doing something scandalous or shocking....it is actually just using REX as BMW intended from day 1 ;)
Would that void the warranty? I’m leasing my 2020 i3S REX. Thanks
I sure hope not, since I lease my 2020 i3S REX :D The consensus is that most dealers do not even know that REX Hold State of Charge has been activated, since it is active by default in all other markets. On the other hand, there apparently have been a few posts saying their BMW dealer tried to deny coverage on certain repairs. I cannot confirm this. You could also just de-activate REX Hold State of Charge. As easily as you activate it/"code it", you can turn it off. I will just take my chance and if/when I need Service I will just keep it activated.
2020 i3S Rex; Capparis White

Return to “Pictures, Videos of the BMW i3”