2 i3s and 3 ASDA trucks

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunter

Hi all

I'm still fuming at this.

I arrived at the local ASDA and found that their 4 EV charging bays which are supplied by 2 x double headed Type 2 from Chargemaster were occupied by 3 of their home delivery trucks, and an i3 which was charging. Obviously I didn't mind the i3 but these trucks had been parked there because, according to the manager, that's the only spot where they are covered by CCTV. Grrrrrr. I expressed this to the general manager and asked them to be moved so I could get a charge. But they couldn't because their ICE engines had flat batteries so couldn't start.

After chatting to the nice i3 owner, who said he had talked to a Leaf owner who said it has been like that a lot recently, I did manage to get a charge because he was leaving, but honestly, words fail me for the stupidity this demonstrates.

I wonder if I should tell Chargemaster, I assume the agreement with them requires ASDA to keep them free for use?

Regards

Bill

PS - Arravani on the left, Laurus on the right.

2_i3s_ASDA_block.jpg

I feel your pain! Nothing more irritating than seeing a non-electric vehicle, often a very large vehicle, parked in an EV charge spot. Palm Springs, California is fantastic with providing multiple charge spots in their public parking structures. It was a Saturday night with lots of activity and all the charge spots were taken by non-electrics. I got upset enough to call a company to get them towed. The tow company told me to call the police otherwise they are not authorized to tow from a public lot. Needles to say the police said that they had better things to do but would send someone if they had time. My sick little fantasy of intoxicated kids not being able to find their cars was ruined! LOL

I am thinking of printing out some cards to leave on the window of people that are parked in an EV spot when they shouldn't be. All nice but perhaps slightly official sounding. i3 vigilante syle!

Just stopped off at Lancasters BMW in Milton Keynes to get a top up and had the same problem with cars parked on the charging point, strangely enough they weren't BMW's but Mercs.

I left a rather non polite notice on the windscreen asking which part of "electric vehicle charging point" they didn't understand and to f**k o*f....

Made me feel better. :oops:

Back