silver wrapped hood

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good.

Do you notice any difference in the colour in real life?

Also, did you do the wrap yourself?

the bmw i3 silver paint has more blueish tint compared to the 3M silver wrap. depending on the lighting you can see the difference between the wrapped silver and the BMW silver paint. it is more obvious on a cloudy day. on a sunny day, it is hard to see the difference.
Because there are breaks between the wrapped hood and the rest of the car. it is not as noticeable. When I point out to people that
I got the hood wrapped, they notice the difference. but if I do not tell them, they do not notice.

When driving the i3, the driver can not see the hood. the only part driver can see is the edge of the hood where the windshield wipers are.
before it was wrapped, the hood edge was black, now it is silver.

I paid US $300 to have the hood professionally wrapped. The kidney grill inside has matte black wrap.

My i3 also has window tint on all windows except the front.

medium 3M tint on the driver and passenger door windows. the other windows have dark 3M tint. 3M tint comes in 4 shades. light, medium, dark, black limo. all window that do not roll down have dot matrix bumps on the border of the windows. with the windows tinted, the area where the dot matrix will appear silver/white.

Looks good though I think it demonstrates I continue to prefer the black hood.

Thank you for cost details--good to know it isn't that expensive!

Back