Dashmat vs stock kenaf glare comparisions - pictures

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeafSoundGuy

So the sun poked out in my neck of the woods. I thought that I'd get my i3 aimed right at the sun and take a few crappy shots with my cell camera and compare the stock dash with the glorious eco kenaf and then the Dashmat comparison. In both sets of pictures I just rolled back the Dashmat to the right to allow the kenaf to do it's thing.

First is a parking lot. Sun straight ahead and above. The second set is the car pointed at a shady spot as in "my garage door in the shadows" with the sun still beating down on the dash.

The pictures aren't too great, but I can tell you that the Dashmat (even with it's failed design) is better than no dashmat. The glare is pretty intense off the kenaf but the Dashmat takes off a few levels of photon torpedoes hitting my sensitive eyeballs. There's not much you can do about something that still reflects light onto the underside of your windshield, but the Dashmat is better. The pictures can't really show how much the difference was, but try to envision the brightest spots against the darkest spots and that of course would be nasty contrast - glare. :x

Still no word from the company about their failed design. We'll see.

Back