Cheap rear cargo mat great for dogs - pics

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeafSoundGuy

If anyone cares, this has worked out great for me. Costco $18 3x5 mat. Heavy duty, and waterproof. It fits perfect when turned vertical in the back. You can then size what's left over to whatever you want hanging over the seats - either right at the seat line or keep going past the headrests. A pair of tin snips works perfect to do that. I used what's left to make additional sides over the parts of the seats uncovered. The mat is like velcro on the bottom it will not slide a micron.

I rarely use my rear seats so the seats stay down almost all the time to accept gear and a pair of miniature schnauzers. Anytime you need to use the rear seats you can just roll back the mat backwards from the top. The problem with the cargo mats out there is that they just go over the part behind the seats. Put the seats down and you don't get any protection. Also, if you have larger things to slide back there then the lip of the cargo mats kinds screws things up. It is perfect for doggies because it's super thick, heavy duty, waterproof, almost indestructible and all the little channels provide excellent grooves for dog claws to sink into so they get a good grip for driving around.

The material in the back of the i3 seems to love everything that you don't want to have in there like pieces of wood chips or bark dust. So this protects it way better. Hope this helps.

I'm picking up my i3 tomorrow. Think I may have to pass Costco on the way home and do this!

Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the tip. I don't find it on Costco.com, is it in the automotive area or elsewhere in the store?

Delivery of our i3 scheduled on, 12/04/2014.

They usually have rubber mats etc by the automotive areas and tool areas. Actually the last time I went I did not see them but I've bought many of those for other purposes over the years and they almost always have them at the stores. You know Costco, sometimes they just have something once and they're gone, other things last for years and they're gone who knows. :?:

I live in NYS and Costco doesn't play here. Was there any brand name or marking on the reverse side? Looks like industrial carpet. I have two Newfies and this might help get them out of the crowded back seat, but it's still cramped in the headroom for them. The real problem is how fast they steam up the windows!

17922796-lg.jpg

Back