New Dashmat design

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeafSoundGuy

Hello all, I just heard from Dashmat. I sent them pictures of the obvious design error of the i3 dashmat. They know it's messed up :shock: . They said they are going to redesign it, actually FIT it to a real i3 and send me a new one. So far customer service - be good :D . It will take 3 to 4 weeks for this all to happen.

I also explained all the differences of the models and maybe offering a covered valley below the nav screen on base models (with plastic valley) but not covering up any wood on the upper models. In essence they would have 2 models of dashmat depending on what GB/valley material you have. Or at least that's my suggestion.

I will post results and pictures when this all gets rectified. Stay tuned, same bat channel.

DeafSoundGuy said:
I also explained all the differences of the models and maybe offering a covered valley below the nav screen on base models (with plastic valley) but not covering up any wood on the upper models. In essence they would have 2 models of dashmat depending on what GB/valley material you have.
do they know about the HK speaker mounted in the middle of the dash?

uh, well uhhh :shock: , I didn't know about it and I'm not Dashmat.com, so I dunno. I know that they do say though that their dashmats don't impede sound as they're pretty thin, so I wouldn't worry about it...

As a guy who designs and builds speakers as well owns a sound company, I would believe it as it's pretty amazing how much sound transference you can get through soft thin material at high frequency. It took me 2" thick of acoustic foam to stop frequencies over 2-3K on a project I'm doing. I think we're safe.

Back