TomMoloughney
Site Admin

Re: Loads of Pictures.... incl Rex

Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:04 am

I've seen people write that the "fuel tank" is under the seats also. However I believe they are just playing with works and calling the battery pack the fuel tank.
Tom Moloughney
MINI-E: (6/09 - 1/12)
BMW ActiveE: (1/12 - 5/14)
BMW i3 REx: (5/14- 6/17)
BMW i3s BEV (1/18- )

My i3 Blog:
http://bmwi3.blogspot.com

Stevei3

Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:33 am

Hi guys,

I expect the fuel tank for REx to be just in front if the battery, between the crossmembers of the drive module. Just try to follow the fuel pipes in this very high res image (please zoom in):

http://s5.paultan.org/image/2013/07/bmw-i3-117.jpg

I marked the ominous fuel system (according to my insights) in red:

Steven

Parker

Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:38 am

Gosh ..... no wonder its capacity is so small!

Plug

Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:44 pm

http://totalcarmagazine.com/features/20 ... the_beach/
Press embargo finishes on 12th October apparently.

EVeryThang

Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:04 am

While Exploring BIMMERCODE, there seems to be an option for LEFT and RIGHT tanks. This makes me think the European model has 2 reserve tanks.
I wonder if there is an aftermarket vendor for a second tank?

eXodus

Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:12 am

EVeryThang wrote:
While Exploring BIMMERCODE, there seems to be an option for LEFT and RIGHT tanks. This makes me think the European model has 2 reserve tanks.
That is very likely a coding leftover from the ICE cars from BMW. No second tanks in Euro i3.

You can't even get a new REX in Europe anymore.

The question is - how often do you need the Rex that a larger tank would make sense? I could give up the Frunk. I only opened it once in all my ownership. Useless waste of space that frunk :P You could add 10-20 gallons of gas there.

alohart

Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:46 am

EVeryThang wrote:
There are many module parameters that don't apply to i3's but are valid for other BMW vehicles.
Aloha,
Art

2014 BMW i3 Arravani Grey, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, JuiceBox EVSE

Deutsch100

Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:04 am

eXodus wrote:
EVeryThang wrote:
That is very likely a coding leftover from the ICE cars from BMW. No second tanks in Euro i3.

The question is - how often do you need the Rex that a larger tank would make sense? I could give up the Frunk. I only opened it once in all my ownership. Useless waste of space that frunk :P You could add 10-20 gallons of gas there.
I would NOT buy an EV without a frunk. It is amazing for picking up hot food! You can store it in the frunk while driving home and the cabin is not filled with strong Chinese food smells, greasy burgers and fries or any other take out that makes the inside of the car smell so bad. LOVE the frunk! I do wish the i3 frunk was bigger though. Our Taycan frunk is huge, and I recently test drove a Volvo XC40 EV, and it has a great frunk too!!!
2020 i3S Rex; Capparis White

eXodus

Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:45 am

Deutsch100 wrote:
I would NOT buy an EV without a frunk. It is amazing for picking up hot food! You can store it in the frunk while driving home and the cabin is not filled with strong Chinese food smells, greasy burgers and fries or any other take out that makes the inside of the car smell so bad. LOVE the frunk! I do wish the i3 frunk was bigger though. Our Taycan frunk is huge, and I recently test drove a Volvo XC40 EV, and it has a great frunk too!!!
Good that people are different ;) You got a very interesting use case for the Frunk.

Most of my foods grows around my house and the once in blue moon takeout food gets delivered to my door, so that's a non issue for me. I wouldn't even have thought about that.

I got my rear seats folded down most of the time to fairy around large items :P

TARDISi3

Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:07 pm

Deutsch100 wrote:
eXodus wrote:
EVeryThang wrote:

The frunk of my i3 is not weatherproof. As a result leaves, rain, road grime, and the whole lot gets inside of there. It is dirty to the touch. I would definitely not put food in there.

Return to “Pictures, Videos of the BMW i3”