More videos reveal BMW i3’s most intimate details

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How legal is such a reverse engineering? Imagine all this R&D you poured all those resources into... only to have cheap chinese knock offs and other manufacturers happily exploiting your ingenuity.

Makes you want to never share your discoveries with anyone doesn't it?

i3marc said:
How legal is such a reverse engineering? Imagine all this R&D you poured all those resources into... only to have cheap chinese knock offs and other manufacturers happily exploiting your ingenuity.

This is widely done by auto makers with their competitor's cars. And it's something to be encouraged, in my opinion. Getting stuck in one's comfort zone discourages innovation and leads to stuff like GM of the 1980's...

i3marc said:

There is nothing legally anyone can do about reverse engineering. The only thing that can be done is sue if someone else uses the info to violate a patent and then they can only go after the patent violator, not the reverse engineering company.

Back