My 94Ah BMW i3 REX Video - Protonic Blue

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadracer1977

Hi all - collected our two cars on Thursday of this week, and so far extremely happy with them :D . My girlfriend chose 'fluid black' and I went with the 'Protonic Blue' which if I'm honest I wasn't entirely sure about when I decided on it, but now I have the car I think it looks very, very nice in both fluid black and the protonic blue. Options are the same on both cars, Leather, Sport Package, 20" wheels, parking package, professional media, 5 year service pack (and maybe something else, but I can't remember!)

Anyway, enough blurb, here's the video:-
https://youtu.be/RVcrvk-vLq0

I'll be uploading more videos about the car, driving, range, charging, perhaps some aerial footage with the drone I've got, etc etc - any video suggestions would be good. But please subscribe to my channel to see more vids :D

If you can share the link on the i3 Facebook page that'd be fab as I'm not on Facebook!

Like the video, useful for potential buyers to get an insight into the car.

One point of detail you might want to pick up on in any future ones you do and one which I asked about when I first saw the car in the showroom.

The order of closing the doors! You can't actually shut the rear door on the front to cause damage. There's a stop mechanism on the lower portion of the door that won't let you shut the front then the rear.

Or at least there should be so check it before you try it by slamming it shut :shock:

FYI..if you haven't figured it out yet...when opening the charge door and removing the top plug, you can hang the plug on the door. There's a little notch cut out in the plug that fits over that little hook on the door. Took me weeks to see that.
Blue is great. Where's a pic of the black beauty?

I have pictures, but can't embed them direct to this forum (or at least I don't think I can?!)

Working on a video of both of them together...

Roadracer1977 said:
I have pictures, but can't embed them direct to this forum (or at least I don't think I can?!)
No, you can't. You need to post photos elsewhere, paste each photo URL in your post here, and then surround each photo URL by "Img" tags.

alohart said:
Roadracer1977 said:
No, you can't. You need to post photos elsewhere, paste each photo URL into your post here, and then surround each photo URL by "Img" tags.

OK, have uploaded to a blogger account I have...
Here you go (not the best, but good to get an idea) will get some better pics of them both - love to hear the feedback about what colour out of the two people prefer ;)

IMG_8799.jpg

and
IMG_8800.jpg

and
IMG_8793.jpg

and
IMG_8794.jpg

Man I like 'em both - very complementary when placed side by side like this - 1 + 1 = 3 it seems. Well done and thanks of this posting.

Guavaguy said:
Love the videos too and very helpful for a new owner.
Thanks - I hope they are useful, I was desperate to find content, so got first hand experience of what people want to watch!
Guavaguy said:
What kind of cameras are you using on-board?
GoPro Hero 4 Silver, and onboard using the headstrap! Looks weird when you're driving, but does the trick!

Hi Roadracer1977 love your videos on the BMW i3's how are they going did you have any issues with them? I am thinking of getting one next year fingers crossed :D

Back