Winter set on and questions

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i3Bev

Hello so I finally mounted my winter set with Bizzaks. For those of you who have these set or similar with 19" wheels, do you guys have lowering springs and/or spacers? What brand would you recommend? Gap becomes huge when I switched from 20 inch wheels.

3.png

2.png

1.png

That's an optical illusion...the OD, and rolling circumference on the 19" wheel/tire and the 20" are identical. If you drive in accumulating snow, maintaining the gap is a very good idea as snow can get packed into the wheel well in some situations. What's different is the amount of wheel and tire sidewall that you can see, but the things are the same diameter.

If they weren't the same diameter, your odometer and speedometer would be way off.

My friend and I compared the RIAL X10-i (What you have, and what's also on my car for the winter tires), with the stock aerodynamic 19-inch wheels that come as part of the mega/dekka world (or the OEM winter tire package), for geometry, size, etc. We found that they were basically identical. I checked my speedometer against one of those speed-check signs and it's the same before and after the 20inch to 19inch wheel swap. You're good to go!

Back