White with black wheels?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Houdini

Quick and dirty image edit of the white with blacked out standard wheels, what do you think?
I would get them plasti-dipped so it's reversible. It would also be matter black, or you can use a sealer to make them gloss. I'm really thinking the white with all the blue and silver blacked out would look cool.

dYJlafE.jpg

Looks allright Houdini.

Welcome from another Aussie!

As it happens, I'm #8 in the reservation list. I thought there were more than 8 cars coming out in the first allocation, but I guess they are being shared around the country. Which state?

Given the long lead time, you're still in with a chance.

Houdini said:
Quick and dirty image edit of the white with blacked out standard wheels, what do you think?
I would get them plasti-dipped so it's reversible. It would also be matter black, or you can use a sealer to make them gloss. I'm really thinking the white with all the blue and silver blacked out would look cool.

dYJlafE.jpg

Love the double panda look. Just wonder how well the blacked out would hold up to curb scratching?

Hi I33t,

yes apparently there's 50 cars for Australia but only 8 for Vic. I'm guessing Sydney gets maybe 10-12, Melb 8, Perth 10 Maybe, Brisbane the same. All conjecture of course exceot for Vic which was from the dealer himself. I'm hoping I am in with a chance if some people drop off once pricing and release dates are announced.

Doesn't sound right, does it?

4 initial dealerships, 50 cars, and the dealer with the second highest population gets only 8 cars?

Given the population in each of the 4 dealer cities, there should be 1 car per approx 250,000 people:

Sydney: 18
Melbourne: 16
Brisbane: 9
Perth: 7

I33t said:
Doesn't sound right, does it?

4 initial dealerships, 50 cars, and the dealer with the second highest population gets only 8 cars?

Yeah go figure :?

He told me that out of the show off day they had last year for people to look at the car he got 10 cash deposits. So how come he only gets a allocation of 8? He's already two short even if no one wants to buy one between now and actual order/delivery time. Maybe a #@*& load of people put down deposits in Sydney.

I33t said:
Did he say when the next allocation arrives?

No idea. He can't even really confirm this years. He told me they were getting an internal memo which would give him enough to be able to tell me certain things and he would call me on the 31st. He was pretty emphatic about the 8 cars only though and in line with the rumours he thought he would be able to take orders towards the end of May start of June for a delivery in November. Who knows when the next bunch will be released to us but hopefully BM will sort out the manufacturing and get up to max capacity in their plant. I don't see why we can't just keep ordering i.e. 8 order in June, however many order in July, etc. Then they just start arriving each month. Can't be that hard to put a dozen on the boat with the 2's and 3 series can it?

I33t said:
Looks allright Houdini.

Welcome from another Aussie!

As it happens, I'm #8 in the reservation list. I thought there were more than 8 cars coming out in the first allocation, but I guess they are being shared around the country. Which state?

Given the long lead time, you're still in with a chance.

Hey

Have you got your car? Today's the day right?

Nope :)

Today is the day the ship is due in Melbourne. I have since been notified the i3's will be stored until mid November while they undergo ADR compliance testing.

More waiting...

Back