A button called “multimedia”. Really? Is it 1996?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And it shows a icon of CDs on the MFD screen and says "Not Available" when playing audio over Bluetooth! Lolzers.

Car manufacturers should just throw in the towel, when it comes to interactive mapping and music functions. There is no way they are ever going to be as good as Apple or Google so it seems pointless trying to compete. And BMW even want to charge for these inferior services! The best thing they can do is make the BEST integration they can with CarPlay etc - with a lovely tactile interface (as I find touch screen too distracting when driving as you need to move your eyes off the road) - Do THAT BMW!

How about album art on iDrive music screens? What's an album? :lol:

Yes, the iDrive system is starting to get long in the tooth after more than a decade. Once I came to grips with the lack of CarPlay, I grew an appreciation for the NBT user interface and the beauty of the iDrive controller and its palm rest. They are still using this setup because it works well, and you can even ignore the option buttons completely for everything but a few initial setup tasks.....

Back