Show charging stations on map

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joff

I think it would be nice if you could set the Navigation to always show where the charging stations are. It knows where they are, why not have them show up on the nav screen when you drive by them?

In my experience, the list of public charging stations displayed is a very incomplete list. This could be due to poor data in my geographic area.

We don't have the car with us, however, according to my memory if you go into navigation settings/preferences, points of interest you will find a custom set up as part of transportation that allows you to show charging stations, gas stations, etc on the map. We have ours set up this way. However you will find this information old/outdated. For example, in Bancroft a gas station that hasn't been there for 30 years is still listed.

Thanks! That is just what I thought it should have! I looked before and couldn't find it, needed to do the extra bit of searching that ya only do when you are sure you are missing something.

FWIW, if you put in a route, and the car determines you'd need to recharge, it will make suggestions on rerouting you to one of the ones in its database. Note, they update the map data at least a couple of times a year. The newest MY get OTA updates, the older ones, you must do it yourself. On an annual basis, they say about a million road and points of interest change.

Back