Software weekness

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rien

I gave reference on my experiences with the malfunction software of the i3 and suggested better software or / and more dashboard info on temperature control. If the battery does not get so hot, the problem will also be solved.

Checked on the internet whether there are already battery products that guarantee a lower temperature, I found an article from the Chinese battery manufacturer Byd.co ltd. This manufacturer recently introduced an EV battery product under the "blade". That battery delivers 50% more in the same size, but above all, the temperature does not exceed 65 degrees. As far as I am concerned, that battery in the BMW i3 would take the stretch out.

It remains that BMW's attention to the control cable sensor failure remains of great importance. I would not like to experience a strong current overkill in the system again. Nevertheless, I remain in love with the i3 and have already bought a second one. The innovations in the i3 are unparalleled on all fronts and deserve to stay on the road for a long time. If I already have a critical need, it does not concern the service partners / dealers. I dedicate this to three partners from experience. Earlier I have to deal with them because the producer lets it down, on the parts backup and customer appreciation.

Back