Make the Luggage cover Flexible/retractable

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PluviaPlumbum

Anyone else feel that the luggage cover and parcel shelf could have been better executed. Given that the load area is somewhat restricted in height., a flexible/ retractable design would have been more versatile. My previous ride , a Mazda CX5 had a clever mesh design that worked really well as it sloped upwards with the hatch when opened.

Once I tinted the windows I took it off. It is nearly as private behind the seat with tint as it was with the cover and a lot more usable to boot.

Oh, huh. It comes with one?

My car was a demo model, and I didn't even notice it missing.

I guess I ought to ask the dealer about it...

Oh, about the luggage cover....make sure you don't put anything on top of it. I had a coat on the cover. When I open the tailgate, the RHS string broke from the ear-hook. I think it is just a simple plastic clam onto the string. I will check with the dealer, next time I visit them, if I can claim warranty on this.

My right string that holds the cargo cover up came out of the plastic clip, I dremeled the hole larger to fit the string back in and then with my soldering iron I melted the plastic around the hole and up onto the string, I then pulled on it and I'm certain its 10x's stronger than the factory original, surely enough to lift the cargo cover as its intended purpose.

Has anyone tried replacing a broken/missing cord from the rear window shelf? I purchased a used model from a non-BMW dealer as-is and it's missing one of the two cords. I resort to buying nylon cord from the hardware store and making one myself.

Back