Lumbar support option?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ki3

Bmw - this would be vvvv useful for those wanting to use the 94ah rex version for the longer ranges - any reason why not available?..

Hello has anyone considered an aftermarket inflatable lumbar support . Basically a bladder, hose and pump wit;h release screw. Has anyone installed such an item in an i3 driver's seat?

Nope, but I miss the lumbar support, too. Coming from a Volvo XC90 - with seats designed by Orthopedic Surgeons. Every other seat is sub-par :cool:

Just had the random idea - seats from other BMW maybe could fit?

The 1 or 3/4 series coupe have similar functions on the seats.

Why stop at lumbar? I'm sure a lot of us would have preferred and paid more for power heated and cooled seats. Little more weight, an inch or two lost legroom for the rear passengers.. Worth it!

BMW i3 seat weight - around 32 lbs if I remember correctly.

3 series power leather seat - about 90lbs each :p

You only need cooled seats when you get leather - no issue on fabric usually. Leather is a terrible material in my opinion :p

In the olden days the lower folks used to rid in their horse carriages on leather seats outside in the rain, while the kings and queens where sitting on nice plush fabric seats inside in comfort.

I was watching a recent Doug Demuro video reviewing a Mercedes wagon that featured inflatable side bolstering — it puffs up for lateral support, but only as necessary when turning.

If we're redesigning i3 seats, I want that!

Hey, my 1996 Ford F-250 has power inflatable lumber support! But it's way slower than the modern Mercedes one. (Takes about 10 seconds to go from empty to full, and mine has a slow leak, so you need to reinflate every 30 minutes or so.)

the seat base of the i3 is only identical to the one from the i8

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part?id=1Z63-USA-02-2017-I01-BMW_i-i3_94Ah&mg=52&sg=10&diagId=52_3952&q=52107304533

Wonder if the bolt pattern on the floor is similar to other BMW models...

Back