Owners need a real user's guide

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agj

Over the past few months, this forum has proven to be particularly useful both for prospective buyers and recent owners.
Thanks to you all, I figured out how things like battery pre-heat or adaptive lights are supposed to work.

A good suggestion for BMW would be to work on a really exhaustive user's manual.

Neither the on-board manual nor its paper version give enough information about the countless functionalities and working principles of the car. The smartphone app (only available on the German App Store) goes a little deeper into some aspects but the i3 is so different in so many aspects (usage, technology, functionalities, etc) that it is legitimate for its owners to require much more information.

Give us an official BMW i3 knowledge base :geek:

Agreed, but it is just as bad they they seem unwilling to release an electronic/PDF version of the manual. I have asked the i3 support (sic) team in UK and they just ignored the email!! I am certain BMW have an electronic copy so why not release it?

Yes, it's poor service. I've downloaded the Dutch manual, but Google refuses to translate it (too long). Has anyone managed to get this to English?

I’m still trying to get a copy from BMW. I sent an email to [email protected] 12 days ago and have still not had a reply. I have sent another today. Poor service from BMW, especially as they wanted to sell this car direct to the customer and bypass the dealers an even now the dealer has little or no input. Hate to think what a mess it would have been if we had to deal direct given their inability to answer simple technical questions or in some cases even reply!!

Someone from BMW must read this forum…….Please post a copy of the manual and get loads of brownie points from the forum members.

Another post covered a way to get a manual using iTunes and a German iTunes account:

http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=276

It worked for me -- though the VIN I found via Google only gave me access to the EV-only manual.

Well I have managed via chat at https://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/new-vehicles/bmw-i/bmw-i/aftersales.html to establish that they have a UK electronic version. However, they are unable to email it owing to the size (222 pages - rejected by the servers). Asked if they could send a link or put one on their web but I think it came under the too difficult list……… Promised to contact their tech team…………...

I now have an electronic copy (PDF) of the owner’s manual for the UK. Currently. it is in 5 parts and the total file is around 20mb. Will sort out how to post a copy on here asap.

Many thanks to ‘Kevin’ on bmw.co.uk web chat who put the effort in to get a copy sent to me.

Hopefully, the BMW i3 Owner’s Handbook for UK can now be accessed here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1gaIBWsVgEHNEtXUzEyUm9FVTg/edit?usp=sharing

Back