CharonPDX

A wild EV appears!

Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:27 pm

New-to-us 2014 Tesla Model S joins our i3 and our Arcimoto FUV.

And all three with at least major components made on the West Coast. BMW i3's carbon fiber "life module" is made in Moses Lake, Washington; Arcimoto FUV is fully built in Eugene, Oregon; Tesla is built in Fremont, California.

The Tesla will be my wife's daily driver - since we moved, her commute is at the *VERY* edge of the range for our i3, she's using the REx a couple days a week now. My commute (when my company starts going back in to the office) will be short enough for the i3.

brinton7

Re: A wild EV appears!

Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:06 am

Old thread, but I'm curious about the pros and cons of Tesla S. I'm thinking of buying a used 2016 model with low miles.

MKH
Gold Member

Re: A wild EV appears!

Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:55 am

The Tesla boards might be a better place to ask. Just be aware that out-of-warranty Tesla's are expensive to repair. Failed door handle - common issue - is $1,000. Failed Drive Unit, another somewhat common problem - $10K, though that should be covered under the eight year powertrain warranty. Just make sure it is not a salvage/rebuilt car, as Tesla void's any existing warranty on those.
Mark H.
2015 i3 Rex, Capparis White, Tera World, Technology & Driving Assistant, Parking Assistant, Harman Kardon Audio System, 19 inch 427 wheels, EVoInnovate EVSE

Return to “Other Electric Vehicles”