$12,999 Electric Cars

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Chinese automaker Kandi will start selling two electric car models in the US, a sub-compact at $12,999 after incentives, and a compact at around $20,000 after incentives.

https://electrek.co/2020/07/30/kandi-cheapest-electric-cars-us/?fbclid=IwAR3DhFiS8lrKdfJ2uhzxB4UqfOwhVEQUlRznNTf9RSthmzj4G3kVMx3TRpQ

I have a real hard time describing either model as good looking. They might be just adequate in the city, but they would be pedal to the floor on anything but a city street.

I have a real hard time describing either model as good looking. They might be just adequate in the city, but they would be pedal to the floor on anything but a city street.

I think they come from the factory with this sticker on the back.
View attachment Go.jpg

Is this genuine news, or just a click-bait story from 3 years ago with $12,999 in the headline but no real basis in fact?

Given that this is an english-language forum, is it likely that anyone here could actually buy one in their home country at any price, let alone the fictional $12,999 in the headline?

Or is this just another attempt by an unheard of Chinese manufacturer to get its name known outside China by making claims that it will never achieve?...

July 2020: "Now a year later, the automaker announced that it is starting sales next month..."

Given that statement from the article, I'd say the only question is whether to order the car from Temu or Wish.

And when I say "the candy store" there's no confusion from my kids.

"Marketing and design will also play a key role here to determine if these are just electric Yugos." :lol: sounds about right. Those look ridiculous and I would bet the price reflects the performance too, that is if their plan ever reaches the realm of reality.

Back