A wild EV appears!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharonPDX

uWctWC4.jpg

New-to-us 2014 Tesla Model S joins our i3 and our Arcimoto FUV.

And all three with at least major components made on the West Coast. BMW i3's carbon fiber "life module" is made in Moses Lake, Washington; Arcimoto FUV is fully built in Eugene, Oregon; Tesla is built in Fremont, California.

The Tesla will be my wife's daily driver - since we moved, her commute is at the *VERY* edge of the range for our i3, she's using the REx a couple days a week now. My commute (when my company starts going back in to the office) will be short enough for the i3.

Old thread, but I'm curious about the pros and cons of Tesla S. I'm thinking of buying a used 2016 model with low miles.

The Tesla boards might be a better place to ask. Just be aware that out-of-warranty Tesla's are expensive to repair. Failed door handle - common issue - is $1,000. Failed Drive Unit, another somewhat common problem - $10K, though that should be covered under the eight year powertrain warranty. Just make sure it is not a salvage/rebuilt car, as Tesla void's any existing warranty on those.

MKH said:
The Tesla boards might be a better place to ask. Just be aware that out-of-warranty Tesla's are expensive to repair. Failed door handle - common issue - is $1,000. Failed Drive Unit, another somewhat common problem - $10K, though that should be covered under the eight year powertrain warranty. Just make sure it is not a salvage/rebuilt car, as Tesla void's any existing warranty on those.

All EV's are expensive to repair if out of warranty, it does not matter if it's tesla or bmw.
We have bought model s and i3. Tesla model s has only had few repairs all door handles and that's it. i3 has had now several repairs ex. motor changed, door handle and door switch changed.
For the record tesla handle change gen1 or gen2 -> gen3 costs currently 328eur/each at tesla (full new handle and the job), this it is the price from last month.

Back