Looking to Import Japanese Used Car to My Place

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonStarc

I want to purchase a used vehicle from Japan and import it to South Africa. I need some help in importing a used car because it’s my first experienced of buying a car online. One of my friend suggested me a website which provides online car purchasing services in Japan. But I am a little bit confused because I have to put lot of money on risk.
Any Tips or experienced will be appreciated!

Can't help with importing...but, someone said that the i3's sold in Japan use chademo verses the J1772 or the euro version plug. Not sure if that will be an issue for you, or even if it's correct!

jadnashuanh said:
Can't help with importing...but, someone said that the i3's sold in Japan use chademo verses the J1772 or the euro version plug.
Japanese i3's have the standard J1772 port for AC Levels 1 and 2 charging mounted at the rear of the frunk box in the frunk, so one must open the frunk for AC charging. A large CHAdeMO port is installed in the normal charging port location.

Back