Trim options way too expensive?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaz26

Reading the UK brochure can someone tell me I am missing something? £2000 for leather trim!!! and Between £1000 and £1500 for a different type of cloth on the seats and doors! These trim options dont seem to include any other goodies?????

gaz26 said:
Reading the UK brochure can someone tell me I am missing something? £2000 for leather trim!!! and Between £1000 and £1500 for a different type of cloth on the seats and doors! These trim options dont seem to include any other goodies?????

Not in Europe they don't ........ funnily enough, in the US they do. How Strange.

I think the Trim options are THE reason the i3 is "profitable from day one" ....... so much for making the options sensibly priced.

The more I read the more its looking like a 2 year old used one for me .... optioned to the hilt and with no account made for the options in the trade-in price............or an Audi e-tron Sportback

How a £25k car can turn into £36K car when all the changes are fundamentally cosmetic is beyond me i.e. replacing one thing for another ..... and remember its actually a £41K car!

I'm beginning to wonder if the Interior "Worlds" (in the UK) do include some additional hardware options because if you leave the BMW i3 configurator with the base interior (Black & Blue) and switch to "night" view the door handles don't light up.

If you upgrade the interior to Loft, Lodge or Suite the door handles light up.
Illuminated door handles don't seem to be an option that's mentioned anywhere as far as I can see.... in the "Worlds" or as an individual option.

Makes you wonder if there is anything else you get with these the World packages ..... or maybe its just a glitch of the configurator.

Back