ConnectedDrive features gone after SW update

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arlorose

Hi All,

Just got back from having the current software update, and while I expected my settings to be zapped, I also found that all BMW Online and ConnectedDrive features are gone. The app can't connect to my car either.

I thought it might be something they could reenable over-the-air, so I went to the Roadside Assistance item and was told it wasn't activated.

Clearly they didn't do my update right, or didn't finish it properly. Only issue is my service advisor doesn't know what to do. I'll wait and take it back tomorrow, I guess.

So as a precautionary note, if you're getting the software update, don't leave the dealership until you make sure your system is working correctly.

Hi,

I've gathered from the German forums that a reset of your ConnectedDrive settings (should be selectable in the iDrive menus) could work, or, if not, driving to a place without cell/3g reception (eg. an underground parking) and to leave it 15 minutes without signal could do the trick. Voodoo ?

Regards, Steven

Intersting.

I took it in the morning and they couldn't figure it out. So I left with a loaner. Wish I'd seen this before, I would have given both a try.

i just took delivery yesterday and mine isn't working either. I tried double clicking and nothing, taking back to the dealer later today.

This happened to me and although the technician said knock the joystick right 5 times, it didn't work as it went into split screen mode.
What you need to do is enter connectdrive and then press your option button below the toggle. Click on service updates (something like that) confirm and the menu gets updated.

Dear BoMW,

Thank you for the tip! I had lost connected drive features (App, send to car, RTTI etc) for 5 days and was ready to trek to dealer for a fix.

This worked straightaway, thanks again!

electricvirgin said:
Dear BoMW,

Thank you for the tip! I had lost connected drive features (App, send to car, RTTI etc) for 5 days and was ready to trek to dealer for a fix.

This, and to elaborate a bit more you need to do the following:

From the main menu, go to the ConnectedDrive submenu.
Tap the joystick right once, then once again. This should bring up a few text options regarding ConnectedDrive.
Select "Update Services"
Wait for the confirmation that services were updated.
Try your functions again, and make sure all is working.

GodFollower said:
electricvirgin said:
Dear BoMW,

This, and to elaborate a bit more you need to do the following:

From the main menu, go to the ConnectedDrive submenu.
Tap the joystick right once, then once again. This should bring up a few text options regarding ConnectedDrive.
Select "Update Services"
Wait for the confirmation that services were updated.
Try your functions again, and make sure all is working.

This is the ricght answer. It's a shame that many dealers don't know this solution.

Back