First week with the Rex

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCZWhite

The first week with the Rex after returning to me a week after I first got it due to a nav crashing issue. Managed to get a massive compo though :lol: Ready to start shopping at BMW!
Anyhow managed 85 mpg plus £7 of electric. Total 689 miles 37litres of petrol.
Started the week with a full charge and fuel tank.
First trip 235 no travel charging, two top ups.
Second trip 130 miles no on road charging needed one top up.
Next two days various short trips.
Weekend 240 mile trip away with a 35% charge Sunday morning as the charger was not the right stated kW rating! Two top ups, would probably have only needed one and a bit had I got a full charge.
All in all very happy. This week will be shorter trips so expect no fuel to be used.
For me it's all about the average and the massive saving in company car tax :D

Enjoy, it's a very flexible car. For the first six months of my ownership I only used the REx for about 10% of my mileage but recently I have some family stuff going on 200 miles away so for a few weeks I'm doing big mileage and probably using the REx for about 50% of my driving but it copes just fine. It has to, it's my only car :)

I too experienced two top-ups going 225 miles (family trip). Previous to that long trip, I was able to go 1150 miles without putting a drop of petrol fuel.

Today, it was 9 degrees and windy (Wisconsin). Only got 60 miles out of the EcoPro+ with Auto heating turned on and half of the miles were on highways.

Back