Making the car easier to clean

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterHarvey

This car sure gets dirty quickly. It is hard to avoid flat-backed cars getting dirty,yes, but as the sides of the car slope in at the bottom, car washes leave them dirty. This would benefit from a rethink.

My cars get washed when it rains......

What are the benefits to a washed car, do they run better? Not in my experience. Do they get better range/mileage? Again, not as far as I can tell. Does it improve resale value? Probably if you do it an hour or two before you sell it, perhaps. But I have a lease, so no resale to worry about. I guess a shiny car might impress the neighbors or even total strangers I drive past, but I should have to care about their opinion of me, and I dont.

WoodlandHills said:

What are the benefits to a washed car?
Cleaner clothes when I get in/out or around it in the garage.

WoodlandHills said:

What are the benefits to a washed car, do they run better? Not in my experience. Do they get better range/mileage? Again, not as far as I can tell. Does it improve resale value? Probably if you do it an hour or two before you sell it, perhaps. But I have a lease, so no resale to worry about. I guess a shiny car might impress the neighbors or even total strangers I drive past, but I should have to care about their opinion of me, and I dont.

Lazy, lazy, lazy..... sorry but lazy! I hate dirty cars with a passion.

WoodlandHills said:

Dirty cars are slower. More drag. Don't believe me. Go ask a race team owner if they use anything to keep the cars clean. You might get an extra 75 yards range with a clean car ;)

I can't believe people who go out and buy expensive BMWs find it too difficult to go to the nearest hand wash staffed by cheap immigrant labour. That's not a slur... they do a really good job in 1/20 the time it takes you to do it & take more care than a machine. You might be helping someone who is supporting a family from a poorer part of the world where owning a new BMW is a fantasy.

Wow, that's some kind of liberal guilt there! So I should wash my car because I feel bad about the illegal immigrants down at the car wash......? Hmmmm, maybe not. :D

Back