De-badging

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
De-badged and badged

6iBFkhT.jpg

sCftMKS.jpg

i removed the E-drive and I3 badge, can you confirm the BMW badge is also glued ?!
Do you have a picture ?

thx

Tempered glass is quite strong, but it does NOT like to be scratched. I would be really surprised if there are any holes in it...it creates a weak point in the glass. Be careful when removing anything from the surface.

Removed my e-drive and i3 badges this weekend with a hair dryer and some alcohol prep pads to remove the adhesive that was left.

Nice clean look now!

pkh540 said:
I de-badged my i3 prior to having it wrapped. Was surprised to find the area under the BMW roundel was clear!
The video I saw on youtube doesn't show it's clear behind the back BMW roundel. I am confused by your post.

Why would you be confused? July of 2015 was a few years ago, maybe they are now tinting the entire area.

PS: Link to said video?

imolazhp said:
Why would you be confused? July of 2015 was a few years ago, maybe they are now tinting the entire area.

PS: Link to said video?
Here is video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhArf-L-3EU

Thanks for sharing. It would be nice to know when the change happened. Or approximately when it happened.

Just de-badged the rear e-drive and i3 logos.
I'll try to get a photo up in the morning, since there is just the photoshop render on here so far.
I was thinking of removing the big bmw rear center emblem as well (probably won't in the end), but the other poster had me worried that there may not be tinted glass underneath the circular emblem. His car was a 2015? My car is a 2016.
Can someone post a picture, whoever, has removed all three emblems in the rear?
I see in a bunch of posts earlier in this thread, a bunch of image links, but no working images to that effect.
Anyways, not sure if it will be a mistake or not to remove the last rear center bmw badge... hmmm (probably not)....

If it is not tinted behind the badge on your car, just buy new double-sided tape and put it back on.

i3Debadge.jpg

Here is a picture of the center round emblem debadged so you can see the clear glass (2015 model). You can see there is a small T at the top, a small I at the bottom and then the round section that is also clear. There are some white stickers on the inside. It would be easy to put the emblem back on. I'm now trying to figure out how to pull off the hatchback panel on the inside so I can get behind it. I think it would be great to fill in the T and I with black (would be very hard to notice) and then put something fun in the circle. The circle itself is much smaller than the badge, I put my hand next to it to give an estimate of size.

If anyone knows how to get under the interior hatchback panel, let me know. I can't seem to find a tutorial or anything online.

I just took mine off....
2016 bev with the clear glass underneath where the emblem was.
Ah well... Going to have to get this thing back on now.

Back