20000 km without problems

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwerius

So, I drove the first 20000 km without any problem!
I used 3547 solar kWh (real external measurement ;) ) and 11 litres of gasoline for the Rex.
And I never used any public charging station.
For more details, see: http://geen-energierekening-meer.weebly.com/auto.html
It's in Dutch, but Google Translate might help.

Just had a look on your website (I speak a little bit of dutch). It's a fountain of information around the i3, PV solar and Passive House! Thanks for the link.

Goede Reis !

:)

I can report 19.600 km without any problems. Used 2.900 kWh of power and 5.8 litres of gas.
Power is not yet solar, but soon to come. I will install 30 kW PV and produce much more power than I need, even with the brine water heat pump which I am planning to install for heating instead of natural gas.

Frank

Another one here past 20,000km! 1920kWh measured just before the charger, I do quite a bit of public charging which is free here in Ireland until December 2016 (we have just over 2000 7kW+ chargers and rapids every 25km on all major routes, not bad for a small country).
No PV here as we get no feed-in tariff (you have to give the power to the grid for free) and we actually get fined for taking insufficient power from the grid.

Unfortunately at 21,300km I got a Driver Restraint system warning and my i3 is due for a diagnostic visit to the dealer on Wednesday.

I will reach 20,000 this week in Canada - had a minor issue with fuel pressure gage. Long drive to dealership made this a bigger issue. Used about 16 litres of gas - forced myself to do this to run motor periodically. Would love to power it via PV panels some day!

crossie said:
No PV here as we get no feed-in tariff (you have to give the power to the grid for free) and we actually get fined for taking insufficient power from the grid.

Wow. Just wow.

So if you are an economical and efficient citizen who pulls little power from the grid, they slap you a fine? Talk about luck of the Irish! How does this work?

Back