BMW i3 Coupe Concept

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

BMW i3 Coupe Concept unveiled just days ahead of the LA Auto Show - it looks to be a 2 door version of the BMW i3 concept, and it has production ready doors (as opposed to the glass doors in the i3 concept that wouldn't be road-safe)

bmw-i3-coupe-concept-21.jpg

bmw-i3-coupe-concept-19.jpg

bmw-i3-coupe-concept-32.jpg

bmw-i3-coupe-concept-4.jpg

bmw-i3-coupe-concept-5.jpg

bmw-i3-coupe-concept-6.jpg

bmw-i3-coupe-concept-7.jpg

For more images, visit the Electric Car Forums post on the BMW i3

The BMW i3 coupe concept also looks amazing! Despite it having ready production doors it is noted that the doors are not suicide doors and do not open wide to the wheels. Don't you think this is one thing BMW should not change but stick to the original design that is used in the BMW i3 concept?

Mitchelle in my honest opinion I think the BMW i3 coupe concept looks better than the original i3 concept. The general appearance of the vehicle and interior just looks wow! The BMW i3 coupe being a two door electric car doesn't really need suicide doors and I think it is just okay the way it is.

austin said:
Mitchelle in my honest opinion I think the BMW i3 coupe concept looks better than the original i3 concept. The general appearance of the vehicle and interior just looks wow! The BMW i3 coupe being a two door electric car doesn't really need suicide doors and I think it is just okay the way it is.

Austin, there was a lot of talk about which one looked better at the LA Auto show i3 event that I attended. Personally I think some of the reason people liked this version was because it is a closer look at the production i3 than the 4 door concept is. The 4 door concept has glass doors and a glass roof and looks very futuristic. The coupe is very close to what the production i3 will look like (4 door or 2 door) so it's much easier to look at it and imagine yourself driving it and I think that plays into this.

Personally I like the utility of the rear suicide doors. Getting in and out of the rear seats of a coupe can be challenging and the small suicide doors open up the whole rear seating area so nicely that I'm sure I'll want to go that way.

BMW invited the ActiveE drivers to a special showing of the new i3 coupe concept at the LA Auto Show. This is a group picture of us in front of the BMW display. On the far left you can see Oliver Walter, program manager for BMW i and next to him is Jacob Harb, manager of electric vehicle sales and strategy for BMW of North America. I'm front row center with the blue jeans and gray shirt:

8233116272_ef4bf04609_c.jpg

Oliver Walter of BMW i discussing the i3 coupe concept
LAAutoShow10.JPG

The i3 coupe concept interior. I expect the production i3 to have a very similar interior:
LAAutoShow9.JPG

Concept i3 Coupe:
LAAutoShow12.JPG

Back