Pandora

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyBoyCoy

New i3 owner here again. When I get in the car the bluetooth connects instantly. I then press and hold the voice command button in order to activate Siri (iphone user) - I say "siri play pandora" and she responds with something like "I can not do this while you are in the car"...?

Bluetooth is setup properly I believe - so what is the proper procedure for connecting and using pandora right when I get in the car? It works eventually after I run through the different menus and plug the phone into a usb port. It just seems I shouldn't have to wrestle with it.

Thank you in advance.

FlyBoyCoy said:
New i3 owner here again. When I get in the car the bluetooth connects instantly. I then press and hold the voice command button in order to activate Siri (iphone user) - I say "siri play pandora" and she responds with something like "I can not do this while you are in the car"...?

Bluetooth is setup properly I believe - so what is the proper procedure for connecting and using pandora right when I get in the car? It works eventually after I run through the different menus and plug the phone into a usb port. It just seems I shouldn't have to wrestle with it.

Thank you in advance.
I just leave Pandora running all the time. If you hook up the phone with the USB port and have BMW Connected app on your phone you will be able to have full control of Pandora with the iDrive system.

A few of the apps or functions will give you this response if you use Siri from the steering wheel. However, if you activate Siri fro the phone directly with the home button, then Siri will do what you ask. Of course that is a pain though and more dangerous.
When I get in the car I sometimes connect by USB, push the home button and ask Siri to open the connected app. I can then run Pandora via Connected and the iDrive.

Back