Music collection shuffle option?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nji3guy

New owner here. Picked up my 2016 i3 Rex about a week ago.
Threw a bunch of music on a USB stick and imported it all to my music collection to the onboard 20gb storage in the car

Question: I see playlists and plenty search and filter options
Is there a way just to shuffle the music collection randomly for playback?

Not got my i3 yet, but it's normally on the right menu options once you're playing and viewing music from the music collection. Trying pushing the iDrive to the right and access the menu looking for random.

I use this feature daily. With a track playing and the iDrive screen showing the Multimedia menu, hit the Option button behind the controller. Random should be the first item. Press down on the controller to select. Note you can shuffle by album, artist, playlist, etc.

I have a USB memory stick in both my 2016 and my 2020 . I've found that the 'Random' does mix up the order of play but some songs will play a second time while others have not played yet . Perhaps that's why it's called 'Random' and not shuffle . I would prefer a proper 'Shuffle' option where the order of play would be mixed and songs would only play once in the shuffle .

Back