Front seats?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ki3

How do people rate the front seats? They look v slim with no lumbar support - how are they for longer distances?
Im coming from comfort seats in a 5 series. I dont expect that level of comfort, but would be useful to know how those lightweight seats stack up for everyone.

Thoughts?

Coming from my Mustang which also doesn't have lumbar support, I find them comfortable but lacking some side bolstering, being I'm used to sportier seats holding me in. However as a daily driver, they're certainly comfortable enough. The longest I've been in my car in one trip was about two hours and I felt the seats were comfortable even with my bad back and neck. Those of you who are used to having lumbar support may disagree, but I find that for me, they're good enough.

Thanks ianb. Im fine with the lack of side bolsters, focus is on the back area as i sometimes get a stiff back even in the 5 series comfort seats over longer distances - although this is usually sorted by a quick stretch and walk wgen i could probably also charge up the car! Anyone else?

My wife and I have spent 6 to 8 hours in the seats several times on longer trips. No problems. We are slimmer people so that may be a factor. I agree that lateral support could be better.

I get back and neck problems. Drove the loaner on a few long trips with no adverse effects. That said, they weren't 3 hours long but to be honest, I'm never intending to drive that far without stopping to try to recharge even in the Rex.

Given the size of the battery (and gas tank, should you choose the REx), you'll have to be stopping fairly often to stretch out. Personally, I've not had any issues with mine, and I do have a bad back. If you want to drive it for hours on end, IMHO, you've chosen the wrong car!

My wife and I (with back problems for both of us) find them extremely confortable. Not in a "sofa soft pillow style", but the shape and the "hardness" of the seats are perfect for us. I often drive 2 hours long trips in it and have no problem whatsoever. I'm pretty sure that even for longer trips they should be all good.

And I don't know any i3's owner who don't agree on this. Even though, of course, everybody is different and I read on forums certain persons complaining. But it seems that in general people are satisfied.

Back